Now accepting applications for a summer research internship at the Penn Vet Working Dog Center funded by the Ovarian Cancer Symptom Awareness Organization. This is a paid summer internship for a 1st or 2nd year veterinary student who is interested in learning more about medical detection and the role of detection dogs. The internship will run mid-May thru mid-August during the summer of 2016. Interns will be responsible for data entry and analysis, project planning, and assisting in the day to day aspects of performing the study.
• 1st or 2nd year veterinary student
• Comprehensive understanding of the Penn Vet Working Dog Center’s medical detection program and ovarian detection research
• Attention to detail and ability to work well with others are essential
• Dog handling experience is helpful but not necessary
To apply, submit the following documents for review
• Cover letter which should include your understanding of our program, describe the value your experience and knowledge will bring to our research and training program, and how this experience will impact your career goals
• One letter of reference (minimum)
All applications will be reviewed by our research and training team and finalists will be invited for an interview.
Please submit your application to email@example.com.
DEADLINE Monday, February 29, 2016 at midnight Eastern Time
Handler: Jean Seibert